- Article I. Short Title, Findings, and Purpose
- Article II. Definitions
- Article III. Establishment of Duties, Functions, and Authorities
- Article IV. Permitting
- Article V. Wellhead Protection
- 21.20.120 Establishment and delineation of wellhead protection areas.
- 21.20.130 Wellhead protection boundary disputes.
- 21.20.140 Use regulation.
- 21.20.150 Permitted uses.
- 21.20.160 Uses and activities requiring a wellhead protection area use permit.
- 21.20.170 Procedures for issuance of wellhead protection area use permits.
- 21.20.180 General water quality criteria.
- Article VI. Penalties – Abatement – Court Action
Prior legislation: Water Pollution Control Ordinance [Ord. 20], adopted 2/18/2009.
The ordinance codified in this chapter prohibiting the discharge of pollutants into Yurok Indian Reservation (YIR) waters, or within any water bodies draining onto the YIR, is established by the Yurok Tribal Council (Council) under the authority delegated to it by Article IV, Section 5 of the Constitution of the Yurok Tribe (Tribe), as ratified on November 19, 1993.
Article IV, Section 5 states in part “…the Yurok Tribal Council shall have the authority to enact legislation, rules and regulations not inconsistent with the Constitution to further the objectives of the Yurok Tribe as reflected in the Preamble to this Constitution, [and to] enact civil and criminal laws.”