(a) No person may participate in the commercial fishery or sell any fish from the Tribal allocation without a current commercial certification. A current commercial certification shall only be issued to Yurok Tribal members who meet the following requirements:
(1) Eligible Fisher. The person must meet the definition of an eligible fisher.
(2) Signed Contract. The person must have signed a contract for the current commercial season agreeing to use any required handling procedures and to abide by this title and any current adjustment.
(3) Fishing Rights Not Suspended. The person’s subsistence or commercial fishing rights have not been suspended.
(4) Over 12 Years Old. The person must be over 12 years old, except a person under 12 years old may participate in the commercial fishery under the supervision of another commercial fisher.
(5) Current Familiarity with the Fishery. The person must be knowledgeable about current fishing regulations and is responsible for adherence to all current fishing regulations in this title and any adjustment.
(b) A person commits a level three offense if the person participates in the commercial fishery without a current commercial certification, or allows another person without current commercial certification to participate in the commercial fishery. [Ord. 44 § 1408, adopted, 7/23/2015.]