Chapter 1.05 SOVEREIGN IMMUNITY AND STANDARDS OF COURT REVIEW
This chapter is included in your selections.
- 1.05.010 Purpose.
- 1.05.020 Application.
- 1.05.030 Defenses.
- 1.05.040 Construction of waiver.
- 1.05.050 Authorization of waiver.
- 1.05.060 Extent of waiver.
- 1.05.070 Extent of immunity.
- 1.05.080 Liability.
- 1.05.090 Consistency with Constitution of the Yurok Tribe.
- 1.05.100 Effect of limited waiver on general sovereign immunity.
- 1.05.110 Burden of proof.
- 1.05.120 Remedies.
- 1.05.130 Monetary damages.
- 1.05.140 Standard of review – Legislative acts and appeals.
- 1.05.150 Basis for review.
- 1.05.160 Appeals.
Authority: The Yurok Tribal Council is the duly elected and authorized governing body of the Yurok Tribe, a federally recognized Indian Tribe which is eligible for all rights and privileges afforded to a federally recognized Indian Tribe and, as such, enacts the ordinance codified in this chapter by the power and authority granted under the Constitution of the Yurok Tribe. Article IV, Section 5(a) states that the Tribal Council may “enact legislation, rules and regulations not inconsistent with this constitution to further the objectives of the Yurok Tribe…”